Last weekend I had the enormous pleasure of participating at the wine tasting event Simplesmente…Vinho.
Simplesmente… Vinho 2014 is a niche manifestation, alternative and independent, that gathers on Porto’s riverside producers united simply… by Wine. You can’t get more concise and to the point than that and it was exactly what I found there.
Viticulturists, wine producers, wine connoisseurs and wine lovers all gathered around great… wine, in a very relaxed, cool ambient, where the producers show their love for their craft by explaining so passionately the origins of the grapes, the often traditional processes, the concepts behind each one of their precious babies. On the last day at dinner – obviously well complemented with great wines – has I was listening to all the conversations around me, all I could think was “Wow, these folks really, really love what they do” and since what they do is something I don’t know has much as I like to, but truly relish, I could only be thankful.
In case you’re wondering, no, I’m not a wine connoisseur, just a wine lover who was invited to photograph Bitrigode Trio’s concert at the event.
– By now ( I hope ) you already know Bitrigode – The Estúdio and Bitrigode Trio. If you don’t, you can see the promo video of the Trio’s last concert or one of Bitrigode – The Estúdio projects. Also, be sure to follow the Trio on Soundcloud to keep up with new tracks from rehearsals and concerts alike. –
And now, so that you can see for yourself just how cool these guys look like, here are some photos of that night.
- Promo Video . Bitrigode Trio’s concert at “Duas de Letra” 08 Feb. 2014 (aisaaraujo.com)
- “Mais vale um minuto na net, que três a voar.” Bitrigode – The Estúdio (aisaaraujo.com)
- Simplesmente Vinho: Celebrating natural wine in Portugal (catavino.net)
- Porto: Next Stop on the Wine Economist World Tour (wineeconomist.com)